Welcome to Home-Start Essex (South)
We’re Recruiting Volunteers! See details in News section
Home-Start Essex (South) is a local office of the newly formed Home-Start Essex. It has brought together Home-Start Basildon District & Home-Start Brentwood. We work with a team of volunteers who offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families with young children under stress in their own homes helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
We help young families
Home-Start Basildon Essex (South) provides services to a family with at least one child 11 years and under. Caring for children, particularly the under fives, is not always easy and can, at times, be very stressful. Most parents can recall days when they would have liked to chat things through with a friend or to have someone to provide that extra pair of hands. Home-Start Volunteers, mostly parents themselves, understand very well that need and are ready to offer help and friendly flexible support. Home-Start Essex (South) is committed to a policy of equality of opportunity which respects the identity, rights and worth of each individual.
As a parent you might ask for Home-Start’s help for all sorts of reasons:
- feeling isolated in your community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends
- finding it hard to cope because of your own or your child’s illness
- suffering with post natal depression and finding it hard to talk about it
- a lone parent
- finding life hard following the death of a loved one or
- really struggling with emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets – perhaps born into an already large family.
Help is at hand.
Please take a moment to browse through the pages of this website to find out more about our service, how to become a home-visiting volunteer or how you could offer your time by becoming a trustee of the charity.
Maybe you could make a donation or hold a fundraising event on our behalf.
Next: Getting Support