Who we help
- Families who have a child aged 0 to 11 years old, living with them, in the Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood and Wickford areas.
- Families who have a child aged 0 to 19 (25 if SEND), living with them in the Castle Point, Rayleigh and Rochford areas
- Anyone can refer to our service including parents who can refer themselves
- Parents must have consented to have our service and preferably signed the referral form
- Parents must inform us of their needs and be able to identify their need
What do we do?
We recruit and train Parent Volunteers who support emotionally low parents, who are struggling to cope with everyday problems or with getting out of the house. By recruiting local parents, we give them the opportunity to volunteer, through receiving training and support, thus improving their confidence, knowledge and skills.
Our trained parent volunteers;
- Must be able to work safely and effectively with the family
- visit for 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months breaking isolation
- are free of charge
- Are non-judgemental
- Promote independence and empowerment
- Provide adult company and someone they can talk to confidentially
- Provide emotional support
- Provide parents with support to positively parent their children e.g. children’s behaviour, play and children’s routines
We cannot do.
- Childminding or take the children out of the house on their own
- Provide personal care
How do I refer?
- Complete a referral form by contacting the office or downloading one below
- The more information you can give around your needs the better we can plan your support
- The form needs to be signed and then it can be returned by post, email or handed into the office personally.
- Once we receive your referral we will write to you to confirm receipt.
- We will then contact the family to arrange an appointment to perform an Initial Visit (Assessment) at their home, within 3 weeks of the referral.
We do not accept referrals for families who are on Child Protection. Each referral is assessed on their individual need and our available resources.
Please Note we have recently updated our Referral Form. It is now in Excel format, and has 4 pages (tabs) that all need completing. If you have any questions or problems please contact us.
Next: “Well Parent” Project