Who we help
- Parents or grandparents who have a child aged 0 to 11 years old, living with them
- Live in the Basildon, Billericay and Wickford Areas
- Anyone can refer to our service including parents who can refer themselves
- Parents must have consented to have our service and preferably signed the referral form
- Parents must inform us of their needs and be able to identify their need
- For further information see our Referral Criteria
What do we do?
Our trained parent volunteers;
- Must be able to work safely and effectively with the family
- visit for 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months breaking isolation
- are free of charge
- Are non-judgemental
- Promote independence and empowerment
- Provide adult company and someone they can talk to confidentially
- Provide emotional support
- Provide parents with support to positively parent their children e.g. children’s behaviour, play and children’s routines
We cannot do.
- Childminding or take the children out of the house on their own
- Provide personal care
How do I refer?
- Complete a referral form by contacting the office or downloading one below.
- You are welcome to come to the office to speak to an Organiser who will help you if you have any difficulties with reading, writing, or using a computer, please phone the office first.
- The more information you can give around your needs the better we can plan your support
- The form needs to be signed and then it can be returned by post, email or handed into the office personally.
- Once we receive your referral we will write to you to confirm receipt.
- We will then contact the family to arrange an appointment to perform an Initial Visit (Assessment) at their home, within 3 weeks of the referral.
We do not accept referrals for families who are on Child Protection. Each referral is assessed on their individual need and our available resources.
Next: “Well Parent” Project