Parent/Grandparent Volunteers Needed
Are you a parent/grandparent with 2 hours to spare each week and would like to use your parenting skills to support a family?
Then we want to hear from you – you can find out more information by contacting us on 01268 550300 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our next free Volunteer Preparation course starts on Tuesday 12th September 2017. The course runs every Tuesday for 10 weeks (term time only) from 10am to 2pm and will be held at “The Place”, Northlands Pavement, Pitsea.
Who can volunteer?
- Must be a parent or have parenting experience e.g. adoptive or foster parents.
- Ideally live in the Basildon, Billericay, Wickford or Brentwood areas; however we do accept parent volunteers from neighbouring areas. Please note expenses can only be paid from the borders.
- You must have good listening, interpersonal and communication skills, be happy to home visit on your own after the introduction.
- People who care and enjoy helping others.
- A team player.
What will I gain?
- The ‘Feel Good’ factor from helping others in your local community
- Increase your knowledge, skills and experience to help your chances of getting into employment or further education
- Ongoing training
- Out-of-pocket expenses paid
- The chance to make new friends
- Helping to make a difference to a child’s life
- Getting to know your local community and what is out there.
- Attend a 10 week Preparation Course – 4 hours a week (10am until 2pm), term time only
- To adhere to the Home-Start Policies and Procedures
- To produce a monthly report and expenses sheet
- Commit to 2 hours a week home visiting, can be term time only
- At least 4 support sessions per year and
- 2 on-going training days per year.
How do I join?
- You are welcome to come to the office to speak to a Co-ordinator who will help you if you have any difficulties with reading, writing, or using a computer, please phone the office first.
- Complete an application form by contacting the office or downloading one below
- Please ensure you have 2 referees and they are aware of your application.
- You will have to undergo an enhanced DBS Police check (which we will pay for) as part of our Safer Recruitment Policy; therefore if you have any previous conviction, please inform us on the informal interview.
- The form can be returned by post or handed into the office personally. Only scan and e-mail if you can securely, by password protecting.
- Once we receive your application we will write to you to confirm receipt and we will inform you of the availability of the next Preparation course.
- We will then contact you a month before the next course to arrange an Informal Interview at your home or in the office.
Click on the button below to download a zip file containing a document set. You need to download this to your computer and unzip it to view the file contents.