Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Do you have parenting experience?
- Do you have 2 hours to spare each week?
- Can you attend a 10 week training course – 10am to 2pm (term time only)
If you can then we need you!
We are currently recruiting for volunteers in the following areas:
- Basildon, Billericay & Wickford
- Castle Point
- Rayleigh and Rochford.
If you are interested then we want to hear from you – you can find out more information by contacting us on 01245 847460 or email us on email@example.com
We have 2 free Volunteer Prepration Courses starting soon:
- Tuesday 30th January 2018 – Wickford Community Centre, Market Rd, Wickford, Essex, SS12 0AG.
- Wednesday 31st January 2018 – Rayleigh Weir Fire Station, 500 Rayleigh Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 3TR
All courses are for 10 weeks (term time only) from 10am to 2pm.
Who can volunteer?
- Must be a parent or have parenting experience e.g. adoptive or foster parents.
- You must have good listening, interpersonal and communication skills, be happy to home visit on your own after the introduction.
- People who care and enjoy helping others.
- A team player.
What will I gain?
- The ‘Feel Good’ factor from helping others in your local community
- Increase your knowledge, skills and experience to help your chances of getting into employment or further education
- Ongoing training
- Out-of-pocket expenses paid
- The chance to make new friends
- Helping to make a difference to a child’s life
- Getting to know your local community and what is out there.
- Attend a 10 week Preparation Course – 4 hours a week (10am until 2pm), term time only
- To adhere to the Home-Start Policies and Procedures
- To produce a monthly report and expenses sheet
- Commit to 2 hours a week home visiting, can be term time only
- At least 4 support sessions per year and
- 2 on-going training days per year.
How do I join?
- Complete an application form by contacting the office or downloading one below
- Please ensure you have 2 referees and they are aware of your application.
- You will have to undergo an enhanced DBS Police check (which we will pay for) as part of our Safer Recruitment Policy; therefore if you have any previous conviction, please inform us on the informal interview.
- The form can be returned by email, post or handed to one of our Co-ordinators at your Pre-Course Home Visit.
Click on the button below to download a zip file containing a document set. You need to download this to your computer and unzip it to view the file contents.