In May 2013 our scheme was saved from closure when we received £248,000 grant from The Big Lottery Fund.
At the end of Year 2 we had supported 78 families in total with home visiting. 35 families had completed support in Year 1, 35 in Year 2 and 8 families who were still being supported (as of 31.05.15).
Our support focuses on the following outcomes and at the end of Year 2 we had achieved
- Breaking Isolation – 101% of our target
- Parental Emotional Health and Wellbeing – 101% of our target
- Managing Children’s Behaviour and Routines – 113% of our target
- Parent and Volunteer Learning & Development
Outcome 4 is broken down further into the following
- Parents have increased their skills – 108% of our target
- Volunteers Recruited – 100% of our target
- Volunteers Increased Skills – 285% of our target
We achieve this by placing a volunteer with a family, who visits for 2hrs per week for a period of 6 months.
We were pleased with our results after 2 years of running our project and would like to thank our Staff, Volunteers and Trustees for making this a successful time.
We are now in our 3rd year of funding and it is going well so far!
If you would like to know more about what we do and how you can be involved then please take a look at the rest of our website.